Friday, August 21, 2015

5 Reasons to Hope in God

Are you feeling overwhelmed today?  We can all find ourselves in a place where daily pressures and struggles can start to feel like more than we can handle.  "People are against us"..."circumstances push hard on us"...and "answers to prayer seem silent."  It is during these times in our lives that we can often feel restless.  We then become prone to seek for answers in places the answers cannot be found.  Psalm 43 speaks of some of these same struggles, and then the Psalmist talks himself back into Biblical reality.  Psalm 43:5 uses the phrase "hope in God."  Consider why "hope in God" is so awesome:

1. GOD is all-knowing...God knows my needs better than I do

2. GOD is ever-present...God never leaves me or forsakes me

3. GOD is all-powerful...God is able to meet my needs

4. GOD's love is eternal...God loves ME and cares about my needs

5. GOD never changes...all the above is always true

It may be time to talk ourselves back into Biblical reality and dwell on what we know is true...God is truth (Jn. 14:6)!  Our circumstances change often, but God and His word do not change!  Place your hope in God today and rest in His care.

"Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted within me? hope in God: for I shall yet praise him, who is the health of my countenance, and my God."  Psalm 43:5

No comments:

Post a Comment